At Whitestone Country Inn I (Paul) get to meet and interact with the entire spectrum of demographic profiles. I often get asked, “What kind of people come to vacation and getaway at Whitestone?” Let me illustrate the diversity in just one week.
- Six couples were here for a 5 day marriage retreat. The leaders reported that every couple said their time at Whitestone as well as the guidance of Jeff and Debbie McElroy had given them a stronger marriage.
- Two “baby-moon” couples – each getting in time together and away from other children before a new arrival.
- Whitestone’s chapel hosted a vow renewal for a couple having their 20th wedding anniversary. Over 100 friends planned this event and surprised the “bride.” She has stage 4 cancer. Lots of laughter, lots of tears, and a great event with wonderful memories. (see video below)
- A couple celebrating their 10th anniversary while coping with the death of a family member.
- A Fortune 500 corporation CEO and president along with his wife celebrating their anniversary. The CEO on the TV show, “Undercover Boss.” He and I (Paul) spent some time talking about how he is at a point in his life were he wants to evaluate “the second half,” and be sure the rest of his life is significant.
- Whitestone hosted a board meeting for a national marriage ministry.
- An aid worker coming in from Afghanistan to get a few days of rest.
- A couple who just returned from China where they teach Enlish
- A couple who said they were at Whitestone on “a sanity break.” They have 5 children and three are teenagers.
As the character of Sam said to Frodo in the Lord of the Rings, “I think we’re a part of a bigger story.”
I love being an innkeeper! – Paul Cowell
A woman with cancer was able to relive her wedding day in our chapel –
video by WBIR, Knoxville, Tennessee