Approximately 30 courses are located within an hour of Whitestone Country Inn. Each of them offers something unique and would be a treat to visit during your East Tennessee vacation. A more detailed list has been included at the end of this blog but of the 30 options here are the 5 most often played course by Whitestone guests.
Rarity Bay Golf Course
- Located a short drive from Knoxville, Tennessee is a course many are calling “Tennessee’s most beautiful golf course.” Driving through Rarity Bay on a fresh spring day, you’re struck by the natural beauty of the rolling greens hills and backdrop of Lake Tellico and the Great Smoky Mountains. Drive further and you begin to twist and turn among our Championship golf course. Green fairways flow among French Country custom estate homes, villas and condominiums.
Wind River Golf Course
- Overlooking scenic Lake Tellico and designed by Jack Nicklaus protégé, Bob Cupp, WindRiver is Tennessee’s first Audobon Signature course. With five sets of tees offering as little, or as much, of a challenge as you desire, WindRiver celebrates the natural environment of East Tennessee with breathtaking panoramic views of the Tennessee foothills and Lake Tellico. To golfers and prospective home buyers looking for exceptional golf, WindRiver is the premier experience in the Knoxville market. The Bob Cupp design, dramatic views and welcoming staff bring unmatched aesthetics accompanied by “Best in Class” service for all golfers.
Southwest Point Golf Course
- A beautiful piece of land and golf course right on the river. The fairways are wide and the people that own the place are extremely friendly. A hidden gem.
The Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain
- Situated in the heart of Tennessee’s scenic Cumberland Plateau, The Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain was named “Top Ten Courses in Tennessee” by Golf Digest in 2001. Cumberland Mountain was also named “1998’s Best New Golf Course in Tennessee,” by local and regional golfers that was followed in 1999 by Golf Magazine’s “One of the Top Ten You Can Play” in North America.Today, The Bear Trace at Cumberland Mountain is one of the most sought-after sites among the Jack Nicklaus designed Bear Trace courses in Tennessee. The 6,900-yard (gold tees), par 72 layout features a design that capitalizes on elevation changes as well as natural features, such as flowing brooks and clustered, mature pines. The signature 7th hole, a 393-yard, par 4, incorporates another of the region’s natural resources, layered flagstone, along the front of the green.
Avalon Golf Course
- Founded in 1996, the Avalon Golf & Country Club was the vision of Knoxville area Developers Paul Gillenwater and David Burleson. The golf course was designed by renowned architect Joe Lee and has received a four star rating from Golf Digest magazine. The beautiful hillside community and club offer spectacular views of the East Tennessee countryside.
Practice Your Golf Swing At Whitestone
There are a multitude of activities to occupy your time at Whitestone and as we have made apparent your golfing options are not on the skimpy side. However, we have noticed over the years that many of our guests simply do not want to leave the Whitestone property once they begin to experience our “Sanctuary for the Soul.” Fortunate for our guests this does not mean that they have brought they’re clubs in vain. Whitestone has a wonderful floating target on our pond with three coordinating tees. Most guests have no trouble acquiring the tee for driving balls and the view of Watts Bar Lake and the Smokies is an irreplaceable memory.
The friendly folks at our reservation desk would like to talk to you more about the golf choices in the area. Give us a call and let’s talk.