Christmas in July
At Whitestone we begin our Holiday preparations in July. We set aside one day to invite guests to join us in these preparations. As the Christmas Carol says, we think it is important to “Prepare Him Room.” If we wait until the last minute to make preparations, we may not have time for “Him.”
Tuesday, July 26th from 9:00am to 4:00pm is the day for our July 2011 celebration. The day will begin with a continental breakfast—fruit, beverages, sweet breads, etc. Following that will be various classes including:
- Using fresh greens from your yard—various kinds and how to use them at Christmas
- Making silk arrangements (each attendee will make a wreath to take home)
- Hands-on instruction in bow making for outdoor and indoor decorating as well as for your packages and what kind of ribbon is best to use
- Creative ideas for decorating your tree—kinds of trees, lighting ideas, ornaments and how to hang them, using collections on your tree, and the latest embellishments for trees.
- Inspirational message by Karen Alexander Doyel regarding the Softer Side of Christmas
- Tea Tasting Party with Sweets & Goodies
- Festive napkin and towel folding ideas
- A package of treats to take home
- Luncheon prepared by our Whitestone chefs using new holiday recipes (recipes for everything served will be included in your syllabus)
- Creative table setting ideas—at lunch each table will be set differently to give you new ideas for your Holiday Table
- Floral items will be for sale to all attendees at discounted prices!!!
This is always a fun day with lots of hands-on projects, good fellowship and making new friends. We hope you will join us!
Cost for Christmas in July 2011. . . $75 plus tax
Overnight rooms for the 25th or 26th . . . 50% discount
Group Discounts are Available
View more about Inn Events
Call today to make your reservation:
865-376-0113 or 888-247-2464