There’s something cute and fun about being mini!
Club ORNL held a cooking class, called Tempting Party Appetizers, here at Whitestone Country Inn bed and breakfast resort near Knoxville, TN. Participants ate dinner, practiced some cooking techniques, ate delicious samples, and received a book of recipes. Two of the recipes they practiced and ate were for mini pizzas. If they were just too full from all the sampling, they were able to bring home their mini pizzas in these cute little boxes. (Find the directions here: http://betterscrapbooking.
Below you can see the recipes for these two mini pizzas and try them out!
Which mini pizza do you think you’d like better?
What would you put in these mini boxes? How would you decorate them?
- 6 Pieces Naan Bread or any other Flat Bread
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic – Minced
- 1/2 Cup Onion — Diced
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese — Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- 2 Portabella Mushroom Caps — Sliced
- Cut flat bread into circle or squares. Rub oil and Garlic onto bread. Sauté mushrooms and onions until soft.
- Distribute Monterey Jack Cheese over bread. Add mushroom and onion mixture over Monterey jack cheese.
- Spread feta cheese over top and bake until cheese melts.
Mini Margherita Pizzas
- 1 Package (14oz) Thin-style Italian bread shell — (12-inch)
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Sweet Pepper Bruschetta Topper, Kalamata Olive Bruschetta Topper,
- or desired pizza sauce
- 6 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese — Sliced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes — Thinly Sliced
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper or Crushed Red Pepper
- Small Fresh Basil Leaves
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil; set aside. Use a 2-inch round cutter to cut Italian bread shell into 18 to 20 circles (or use a knife to cut into 20 squares/pieces). Place bread shell pieces onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spread bruschetta topper on bread shell pieces. Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices. (If necessary, cut cheese and tomatoes to fit).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread pieces are crisp. Sprinkle with black pepper and top with basil leaves just before serving. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: “18 Mini Pizzas”
Call the Whitestone Events Office today at 865-376-0113 to book a cooking class for your business, club, or other group.