This year we’re seeing an increase in families gathering together here at Whitestone. Sometimes it’s just a few couples traveling together. Other times nearly 50 family members gather together for a week’s vacation. One family even voted to come to Whitestone over Disney World!
Maybe it’s the new pool and hot tub or the increasing desire to vacation in an upscale resort surrounded by natural beauty.
Regardless of the reason, we love to see multi-generations traveling and vacationing together. It’s truly a lost art. Especially in today’s world where families often scatter across different states and even many countries over the years.
Bringing everyone back together for a vacation together to catch up and re-connect may just be the highlight of the year.
We’re becoming a popular destination for family reunions for several reasons.
- Whitestone’s property is spread across 360 acres of landscaped property.
- Our new pool and hot tub is perfect for active kids or relaxing adults.
- We offer some really great family friendly amenities such as disc golf, hiking trails, fishing, tennis, hammocks, driving range, lake access for kayaks, canoes, and paddleboats, and much more.
- We’re centrally located to all East Tennessee major attractions including the Smoky Mountains, Cherokee National Forest, historic town of Rugby, Secret City of Oak Ridge, and more.
And, if you’re here for a romantic getaway or anniversary celebration the beauty of Whitestone is that it’s spread across hundreds of acres with separate lodging buildings. You can still enjoy Whitestone’s serenity and peacefulness while a family gathering takes place across the property.
Whitestone Inn On-site Activities
- Private dining rooms in the Farmhouse
- Many groups choose to stay on the grounds of Whitestone to rest from the outside world together and experience all there is to do.
- Heated outdoor pool and hot tub
- S’mores around the campfire
- Fishing or boating on the 39,000 acre Watts Bar lake is available at the inn’s dock; Kayaks, paddle boat, and canoes are available on-site
- Disc golf includes 9 tees in either the leisure course or official championship course
- Eight miles of walking trails lead throughout the grounds, perfect for a quiet stroll or a more vigorous hike
- Guests can pitch horseshoes with friends, or play a game of shuffleboard
- Two tennis courts, volleyball net, and basketball hoop
- Horse lovers enjoy viewing and visiting our Percheron horses
- Recreation room with a pool table, ping-pong table and board games
- 8,000 feet of decks and porches with spectacular views of the lake and mountains
- Massage or spa treatment at the Whitestone Day Spa
- A picnic anywhere on our park-like grounds. Picnic baskets are great for a quiet getaway
Local Area Activities
Here are just a few area activities within a short drive from Whitestone to get you started.
- Cherokee National Forest
- Sweetwater Valley Farm – Amazing artisanal cheese.
- Pontoon Boat Rental – Caney Creek
- Paddleboard Rentals from Paddleboard Knoxville
- Museum of Science and Energy
- Dollywood Theme Park
- White Water Rafting
- Sporting Clays
- Golfing – 4 courses within 30 minutes
- Horseback riding
- Knoxville Sporting Events
- Knoxville Attractions such as the women’s basketball hall of fame
- Downtown Chattanooga
- Antique Shopping in Sweetwater, TN
Take the Next Step
Call (865) 376-0113 and ask for the events office or contact us by email to discuss the details of your gathering and to plan your trip.
We would be glad to help you customize a family gathering that everyone will be talking about for years to come.