One of the most popular reasons for planning and implementing corporate and group retreats is to promote teamwork and a sense of community. Activities at Whitestone, or in the nearby area that focus on everyone working together are river rafting, rock climbing, intellectually challenging games, and friendly sports competitions such as basketball, volleyball, horseshoes and more. Another great idea is everyone hiking blindfolded while holding on to the same rope, or an organized team scavenger hunt. Participants have so much fun they don’t realize until later how much they have learned from the activities. Our wilderness location also has many activities that promote rest and relaxation, such as fishing, hiking, massage and birding.
Unique retreat activities here at Whitestone:
- Casual cookouts to formal dinners, our chefs satisfy even the most discriminating tastes.
- Outdoor pool and hot tub
- Two Tennis courts, shuffleboard, croquet court, horseshoes, basketball, volleyball and eight miles of hiking trails, perfect for a leisurely walk, hike or bike ride.
- Kayaks, canoes, paddle-boats and fishing on 39,000 acre Watts Bar Lake
- 360 acre property gives you plenty of room to spread your wings and explore.
- Recreation room with a pool table, ping-pong table and board games.
- Book and video library.
- Massage available by an on-staff licensed massage therapist.
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides
- 8,000 feet of decks and porches with spectacular views of the lake and mountains.
- Area Tours of:
- Historical Sites like Rugby with guide
- Civil War History in Knoxville and nearby Chickamauga Battlefield in Chattanooga with guide
- Tour of Mayfield Diary, Sweetwater Valley Cheese Dairy, Basketball Hall of Fame, Fort Loudon and more.
- Hiking in the nearby Smoky Mountains, Big South Fork, Cherohala Skyway, and Nantahala Trace
- Antique Shopping in nearby historical towns