A night out on the town. A romantic getaway. You need ideas. You need a plan of attack. You need to know the best places to go to make the most of your time together.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of the 15 best romantic things to do in Knoxville TN. We hope you enjoy and that it’s helpful for planning a great romantic evening or weekend.
15 of the Best Romantic Things to Do in Knoxville TN
1. Explore a Festival – With over 40 annual festivals (listed alphabetically) there is always something going on to celebrate in Knoxville. You are your sweetie can take in the atmosphere of any one of these great festivals and add it to an already great day.
2. The Tennessee Theater – Each year, the Tennessee Theater runs an amazing schedule of shows, musicals, concerts, and more. With something for every taste and every budget, you’ll find something that’s just right for you and your love.
3. The Bijou Theater – The Bijou specializes in amazing musical acts. The schedule of events is always full and always ready to show you a toe-tapping good time.
4. The Clarence Brown Theater – Featuring the work of the UT College of Fine Arts, the Clarence Brown Theater has great shows and original pieces running throughout the academic year.
5. Wine and Canvas – Wine and Canvas is a great way to spend a romantic night. Have a drink. Make a masterpiece. Connect with your partner while you learn something new.
6. Knoxville Arts & Fine Crafts Center – The KAFCC offers amazing classes that will give you the opportunity to learn something new or refine a skill together. Classes are offered in the arts and in food.
7. Ballroom Dancing Lessons – Long revered as one of the most romantic things to do together, ballroom dancing is a great way to get spend the evening cheek to cheek with your sweetheart. Classes are available at several locations including Absolute Ballroom, Go Dance Ballroom, and Dance Tonight.
8. Food Tours – Knoxville Food Tours offers four different tour options, as well as a customizable experience. Reservations are required and tours are held rain or shine. Don’t worry – good food goes with all types of weather.
9. Star of Knoxville Riverboat – Explore the historic Tennessee River on this amazing riverboat. Cruises are offered for lunch, dinner, special occasions, for sightseeing and various seasons – there’s something for everyone!
10. Knoxville Botanical Garden – The Knoxville Botanical Gardens are a beautiful, sprawling landscape located on 47 acres and includes walking trails, displays, and unique horticulture.
11. World’s Fair Park – For the 1982 World’s Fair this great park, including the Sunsphere, was constructed. There is an amphitheater, walking trails, and an observation deck in the Sunsphere.
12. Knoxville Museum of Art – The KMA is proud to support local East TN art and artists. With a permanent collections and traveling exhibits, you’re sure to find something you’ll love at KMA.
13. Knoxville Zoo – The Kn
oxville Zoo is the home to more than 800 species of animals and is open year round.
14. Three Rivers Rambler – The Three Rivers Rambler is a bona fide steam train that takes you on a 90-minute round trip along the Tennessee River, taking you past historic sites and some beautiful scenery.
15. The Fruit and Berry Patch – Enjoy a day of picking berries, apples, peaches and more at the Fruit and Berry Patch. You can check out the corn maze, the hayride, and the fresh fruit smoothies. The fried pies are AMAZING. If you’re looking for a more secluded time to enjoy together in nature then go to Honey’s Blueberry Farm in Loudon, TN.
And to cap off your perfect romantic night out, day out, or weekend away, consider joining us at the Whitestone Country Inn for a cozy, and relaxing getaway. The perfect pairing for your romantic time together in the Knoxville TN area.